Thursday, May 13, 2010

Trade-offs?

Hmmm... I can't for the matter think how I will write this blog about trade-offs. Its something I've been observering for a couple of years now to somehow be true and not on a positive note. I think about a friend who starts comparing himself with others and rants "He is younger than me, why is he more successful? ",  "I'm more hardworking, why is he luckier?", "You guys are so lucky to be born with a silver spoon and you don't have to work too hard to get what you want".... Sounds familiar? I hear that all the time and I start thinking... whats wrong with you people?

We all have our race to run. Our situations are all different, we all have loads and baggage we carry around with us in varying degrees. Why are you looking at someone else's life instead of focusing on your own? Why will you be envious when what you see is just icing on the cake? The good things. You may not know what is in the other side of the fence. For all you know, the trade-offs are much more than you can handle. A wife who may have all the money to buy the things she wants but she is not happy with her philandering husband.... Someone with a famous family name but the family is dysfunctional - fighting over old money... A perfect couple who has everything but couldn't have a child... things like those are the real trade-offs. Would you still want to be in their shoes?

Life is not perfect. Stop looking at the other runners of the race, focus your own and don't compare. Choose to count your blessings and be thankful for what you have instead of whining how heavy your cross is and complaining about what you don't have. Paradigm shift can make all the difference between content and discontent.

There, I finished this piece... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment