Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Jejemon craze...

According to Wikipedia :  It is a pop culture phenomenon in the Philippines. Yikes! Urban Dictionary gives its definition as : one "who has managed to subvert the English language to the point of incomprehensibility and online lynch squads." They say it originated from shortcuts to SMS or text.

Consider this for example : " iMiszqcKyuH"  - means I miss you
                                         " yuHh" - means you
                                         " lAbqCkyOuHh" - means I love you


They think its cute... nor it is funny.Duh? I don't think so. Its downright irritating and annoying. Very low class. I'm sorry but its my personal opinion. Don't hate me! I simply have the right to express my opinion as much as you do. What good would this do in the long run? Nothing at all. You will loose your ability to spell correctly and it certainly will not improve your oral and written English Communication Skills that will be helpful when you apply for a job or conduct business. Why allow our communication skills to deteriorate when the aim of education is to improve how to express ourselves? I think its idiotic - plain and simple and something that should not be tolerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment