Friday, May 28, 2010

The Art of Letting Go...

I was 16 when I first had to let go of my best friend to move to Guam where her mom was based. She has since moved to Las Vegas with her own family but we are still in touch. It hurt then coz I was gonna miss her big time but I am ok now. In the times when she'd visit, it would be like we never parted at all and thank God for technology, it is easier to keep in touch. Since then, I have had to let go of my own real sister and my other sisters to go follow their hearts. I miss them. I have to be honest though that it is still not easy and I still cry whenever we have to part. I always thought I would be the one to leave but I'm still here and they have gone. I've always thought it was hard on the part of those who will be left behind but come to think of it, it may be harder for those who have left as they adjust to a new place, new environment without their usual supporters (families and friends) to back them up. Of course, they have their spouses with them but that is another story.

I will have to let go of another sister-figure soon to join her beloved. No, we are not saying goodbye. Its just geography! Rather, we will hug and say see ya! Yes, I will miss her but I know we'll see each other again soon and till then, there will be chats, emails and webcam conversations to keep us together and I will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment