Friday, May 28, 2010

Ice Cream with a Twist

Two weeks ago we had a potluck dinner/housewarming event in a (newly-married) friends house. I love intimate get-togethers like this. Catching up, playing a boardgame (yes, we are a competetive bunch) and of course, the highlight - the eating part. I was so stuffed - thank you guys. What we brought was something new for the palette. Because its been a very hot summer, we thought of bringing 3 varieties of ice cream to share with the group. One was 'Foods for the Gods" Ice Cream that was to die for, I swear! ( Love the abundance of the walnuts in that!) Being in the company of adults, we also did not hesitate to bring 2 pint size of Ice Cream laced with 5-7% alcohol. One flavor was named "OMG" (as in Oh my God) but was actually Chocolate Ice Cream laced with Baileys. The flavor was quite strong but it tasted great nonetheless. The other flavor we brought was "After Midnight Mint". It is actually Chocolate Mint Martini Ice Cream in which I actually tasted the Martini more than the mint.

This afternoon, I had a taste of their "Strawberry Martini" flavor. It tasted great. I actually thought I was eating strawberry ice cream.  There are other flavors I have yet to taste. Now, please don't think I am turning into an alcoholic here... Thing is, I am planning to serve these ice cream with a twist in a bridal shower i am organizing 2 weeks from now. I am still trying to figure out which is best to be served.

I personally think this is an awesome unique idea. Great for parties and get-togethers. You get to enjoy cocktails and ice cream together all the same. For the Win!

You can order these goodies at Lickueur Adult Ice Cream. They actually have the following flavors : OMG, After Midnight  Mint,  Chocolate Orange Martini, Butterscotch Amaretto and Margarita. A half gallon equal to 25 scoops costs P 1,375 while a quart (equal to 12 scoops) costs P700.  You can place your order by dialing 0917-850-2702 or 502-2700 and look for Ms. Pinky Ileto. There are 2 pick up points,  one in Makati and one in Greenhills.

No comments:

Post a Comment