Monday, April 11, 2011

Inching my way to wellness...

Yes, you've heard it right. I've had enough of not being in the best of health (too much medicine and too costly), not to mention it has taken a dive to my self-esteem. I've reach a point of frustration about a lot of things so I admit my own lack of self-discipline and acknowledge that I needed help.

Off I went to check out the Weight Management Center of St. Lukes which is very convenient since its within the vicinity. Decided to enroll in their weight management program for 12weeks/36 sessions. It includes a pre-assessment, different bloodworks and physical test to know your ability (as far as exercise is concerned). Glad that inspite the fact that I have not been taking care of myself pretty well, everything was within normal range (with medication of course.) I have a team of doctors who will oversee the program from an Endocrinologist, Cardio, Rehabilitation Medicine, Pulmonary, Psychiatrist (no, I'm no coockoo!) to a Nutritionist/Dietitian. So far, I've attended 2 sessions. The exercise routine was not really easy. Now I know how it feels like to be a "biggest loser" contestant. HAHA. Left me breathless and I'm like in level 1 only. Sheesh! My trainers were nice in fairness but really firm. I also realized how weak my knees are. It still hurts from yesterday's routine. They also made me fill up a Food Diary so the Nutritionist can keep track of what I eat and the quantity.  Now I really watch what I eat. I am still not much into fruits and veggies and I still do crave for chocolate or something similar but I've been trying my best to lessen the food intake. Maybe 3 months will be enough to change my eating habits.

I am positive about the outcome of this. I am hoping to build a stronger stamina (to get ready for my trip), feel lighter, look better, take lower dosages of medicine too. As far as I'm concerned, I have already won half the battle with the decision to start. That is always the hardest part - never knowing how and where to start but I have. May this be truly life-changing for me as I inch my way to wellness. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment