Friday, December 31, 2010

10 for 2010

As 2010 draws by to a close, I thought it would be nice to look back at the year that is about to pass in about 9 hours. Honestly, it was a challenging year and I barely got by, the word for it, "I survived!" and that is enough reason to be thankful. So here is my list : Highlights: 10 for 2010. =)

1. Thankful for Gods Sovereignty over a matter that would have compromised our beliefs but God pulled through and His will was done. It wasn't easy, it was painful but there was peace and an overflow of love. Praise Him.

2. Thankful for a new Leadership Group under Jenn and new sisters in Faith.

3. Thankful for my T.G.I.M. group - my Monday family. For the new friends who are now part of our family and for the rest who are growing in faith and in their love for God. May this family keep growing and may our ties be stronger.

4. Thankful that I passed my written comprehensive exam. I am still not done and am honestly getting frustrated for the delay but Gods timing is always the perfect time. I hope to finish and pass my project paper the soonest and graduate and move on.

5. Thankful for the privilege of leading my ministry (crafts for children's church) and the faithful volunteers who are excellent. I couldn't ask for a more dedicated team. I am so blessed. May they be doubly blessed and may we continue to uphold the highest standards to glorify God for the talent.

6. Thankful for our Singapore trip last September. Grateful for another bonding moment with my family and spending some time with good friends now based in Singapore. Thankful for the experience of staying in a great expensive hotel. Indeedy, it was a favor. =)

7. Thankful that although business has not been doing very well and we almost closed down, we are still hanging on. It was difficult to let some people who served you well and with loyalty go but it was needed to stay in the game. I hope the coming year will be a better one business-wise.


8. Thankful for a loving family - we overflow. Family is always my #1 priority and to have everyone (well, not quite since my brother-in-law was not able to come) here for my birthday was really special. Glad that my sister and niece were able to come home. Nothing comes close to making moments count - especially with family. I didn't need a big party or to have very expensive gifts. Having them around was more than enough.

9. Thankful for meeting "The One". For falling in Love and not loosing myself. We are just beginning. I've long been praying for my 'Soul Mate'. He is the best surprise that was in store for me this year. God is a promise-keeper. Greatest gift of all. Yey! =)

10. Thankful for Gods grace that carried me though the bumps of 2010, For His Faithfulness when I am not. For hanging on to me when times when I almost gave up. For the hope when I felt hopeless and helpless and His steadfast Love even when I am undeserving.

" Hopeful Anticipation " - Wow! Now that was the word during the start of 2010 for me. Today, I read it again from a Pastors Blog. It shall continue through 2011, I claim! Bigger things are in store, the best is yet to come. May His promises come to pass, may breakthroughs happen and may prayers be answered. Happy New Beginnings! Cheers to a Blessed 2011 ahead! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment