Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who are you voting for?

I was reading Cito Beltran's column in The Star today. He wrote about 'inter-dependency'. The common question nowadays is  "Who will improve my life?" meaning, who among those running in this election will help improve the quality and condition of our lives in this poverty stricken country. I am pretty sure everyone as early as now has already someone in mind who to vote for. I wonder how you  think in these terms, Are you like those who are in the D class  who thinks in terms of their real needs? The middle class who is looking for validation in making the intelligent choices? Or the rich who thinks in terms as to what advantages will voting for whoever bring to them?

More importantly, I wonder where your hope is tied to? Is it in this candidates? Of course, we all want a better Philippines, a brighter future for the next generation. While my hope is in God, not in men, I am taking time to think things through the names who will be on my list come May 10.

I would just like to repeat what he quoted in the article. " It’s not WHOM you vote or HOW you vote that will improve your life. It is WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHO YOU HAVE that determines HOW YOU LIVE. And don’t forget in all things God FIRST, not politicians! "

and I have to agree with that, 100%...

No comments:

Post a Comment