Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Trust Issue...

Allow me to vent... Something happened last Sunday that while others may find it funny, I do not. I simply laughed and rode along with them and i simply tried to shrug it off but thinking about it now, I do feel offended. Some may think I am making a mountain out of a molehill and really, its something shallow but hear me out... Although I love food, I am visual and picky. For the life of me, you won't be able to make me eat street food probably except for occasional fishball (which I can tolerate) or the green mangoes soaked in water but thats about it. I also do not eat Balut and Dinuguan (They call it chocolate meat but really its pork blood) and liver. Eww, just thinking about it is making me cringe!

Anyway, we had dinner in a Mediterranean Restaurant somewhere in Serendra. They went ahead and ordered food, it came, I ate. In fairness, it was good but halfway through eating, I knew they tricked me into eating something I would never eat had I known.=( Boo! But I didn't want to be embarrassed so I ate it anyway and just drank more coke. They made me eat OX BRAIN making me think it was a chicken dish. Ewwwww. After dinner, I told them I kinda figured it out and Hell, they even tried to justify that it was all visual and I liked it ( Yeah, until something in its taste made me figure it out).

Point is, even if they meant it as a joke, I think it is cruel because they should have let me made that choice if I wanted to try it or not by being honest instead of tricking me into eating it thinking it was chicken. 2 things I realized. First, How gullible I could get! If my own family can do that to me and find it funny. What more other people? Second, Can I trust them still from this point on? I felt like a victim of their conspiracy. If my own flesh and blood can do this, who more can I trust? No one?  I think I would always think twice if they say something or make me eat something. Indeed, it takes time to build trust up but just a second to loose it. And that's how the cookie crumbles....

No comments:

Post a Comment